Distance Sensor Ultrasonic (MaxBotix)
Plug & play compatible with every Crodeon Reporter
This ultrasonic distance sensor uses the MB7389 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT by MaxBotix Inc. (USA). The HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT ignores smaller targets and only reports the range to target with the largest acoustic return. This advanced weather resistant sensor is designed for target detection and ranging outdoors or in tank or bin applications.
The HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT sensors are equipped with filtering firmware which allows the sensor to ignore smaller targets and noise, and still report the target that gives the largest acoustic return. The sensor will also reject periodic noise, even noise that has a higher amplitude than the acoustic return from the target. This gives users the flexibility to consistently range larger targets in the presence of clutter and noise. If the largest target is removed from the field of view, the HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT will switch to the target that gives the next largest detectable return.
The Most-Likely filter is designed to report the distance to the largest acoustic return while ignoring smaller targets. When targets are of similar amplitude reflections, preference is given to the closest target.
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 30cm range as 30cm
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Realtime automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise) as well as firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP65)
- Stainless steel M12 connector for direct compatibility with your Crodeon Reporter
- Long narrow detection zone
- Additional stability filter rejects anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Best sensor for bin and tank level measurements
- Maximum range of 500 cm (196 inches)
This sensor is available with additional chemical resistance for corrosive environments. Contact us if this is required for your project.
- Weight: 153 g
- Height: 85 mm
- Width: 94 mm
- Depth: 59 mm
- Cable length: 1 m
How to use this sensor inside a plastic pipe: